March 22, 2018

Qualcomm rejects Broadcom's raised offer, extends timeline for NXP

10 February 2018, 05:59 | Lionel James

Qualcomm rejects Broadcom's revised takeover bid

Broadcom Offers $123 Billion For Qualcomm

The Qualcomm subsidiary working to acquire NXP extended to February 23 the cash tender offer period afforded NXP shareholders looking to agree to sell their stock in the Dutch semiconductor firm for $110 per share.

Tan said he was "astonished" that Qualcomm would not meet until after the advisory session has been and gone, and has pleaded that the company "meet with us without further delay". This later lead to Broadcom nominating several new names to Qualcomm's board of directors in an effort to force negotiations to take place.

"Broadcom has long sought a meeting to discuss Broadcom's acquisition of Qualcomm". In a statement on Thursday, the San Diego based company said that the bid substantially undervalues Qualcomm and is well short of its regulatory commitment required to gain support for such a deal.

"However, the board is committed to exploring all options for maximizing shareholder value, and so we would be prepared to meet with you to allow you to explain how you would attempt to bridge these gaps", noted the letter. "It is indisputable that there are significant regulatory hurdles in your proposed transaction", Jacobs wrote.

Broadcom on Monday increased its offer to buy Qualcomm to $82 per share from $70 per share.

Wenger explains why Mkhitaryan stays behind after training
I'm supporting Arsenal and I want to play for that club as well'. "Three months is difficult but we worked very hard to get to this point".

Broadcom Ltd plans to raise its bid for Qualcomm Inc to around $120 billion, both Bloomberg and Reuters reported today citing unnamed sources, as it tries to force Qualcomm to come to the table in what would be the largest-ever technology deal.

It believes Broadcom needs to offer a "hell-or-high-water" legal commitment to complete the deal irrespective of divestitures that antitrust watchdogs around the world may require. Qualcomm's chairman, Paul Jacobs, wrote a letter to Broadcom's president, and said that this proposal has raised more questions.

The news of the rejected offer comes just as Qualcomm announces a comprehensive list of hardware manufacturers and network operators that are on-board with its 5G launch aims, with the likes of Asus, Nokia, HTC, LG, OnePlus, Sony, Xiaomi and ZTE all game. This is partly because it doesn't think Broadcom is appreciating the value gathered from Qualcomm's recent acquisition of NXP Semiconductor. Regulators may decide that it would be nearly a monopoly on the smartphone chip market.

Furthermore, Qualcomm's acquisition of NXP that would give the former an opening to other markets, is still in process.

One of those businesses might be Qualcomm's licensing segment, which could fetch about $38 billion including the associated intellectual property, estimates Srinivasan.

Other News

Trending Now

Maldives political crisis deepens, State of Emergency declared
Nasheed said he was calling for a "physical presence", making clear he wants India to send troops to the Maldives . Mr Gayoom is the half-brother of Mr Yameen, under whose rule the Maldives has lost many democratic powers.

Trump Speaks at National Prayer Breakfast LIVESTREAM
Trump concluded by noting the courage and inspiration of a 9-year-old Brownfield, Texas, girl faced with the possibility of not walking again after several strokes. "I want to just pray for Arnold. for those ratings".

Obama 'Needs to Know The whole lot We're Doing — FBI Texts
Strzok and Page were both heavily involved in the email investigation as well as the Russian Federation collusion investigation. The Justice Department turned the messages over last month to six congressional committees, including Johnson's.

Cavs' Tyronn Lue: Isaiah Thomas' critique of adjustments 'not true'
Thomas has not made ardent strides since coming back from a torn labrum in his right hip that sidelined him for 7½ months. After all, there's not a whole lot to like after this season.

Arsenal boss confident more to come from Mkhitaryan-Aubameyang duo
They agree Arsenal won the January transfer window, but does that mean they'll return to the UEFA Champions League next season? During his time as a Dortmund player he faced Spurs four times and managed to score four goals in the process.

Hovering imports push USA commerce deficit to nine-year excessive
Imports advanced 2.5 percent to $256.5 billion, boosted by record US purchases of consumer goods, capital goods and food products. A widening trade deficit threatens to undermine the Trump administration's goal of achieving 3 percent or better economic growth.

NASA space probe takes 'furthest ever' photo from Earth
The images of 2012 HZ84 and 2012 HE85 provide vital context to the understudied bodies at the solar system's bleeding edge. It imaged the Wishing Well at 3.79 billion miles away, beating the Blue Dot photo shoot by 40 million miles.

The White House: Donald Trump Asked for a Military Parade
"All options are being considered, including linking the parade to a significant event, perhaps a historical event", said Col. The United States has previously held military parades to mark the end of wars, most recently in 1991 after the the Gulf War.

PFA offer guidance to fix Mahrez stoush with Leicester
He said: "Riyad is not my preoccupation". "My only feelings are about my available players and as for Riyad we will see later". City offered a deal worth £65million but Leicester wanted around £80m and no time to find an adequate replacement.

Everything We Know So Far About Kylie Jenner's Baby Girl
More details have emerged in regards to Kylie Jenner's birth, after Stormi's birth certificate was released this week. They also definitely have the money to pay off anybody who threatens to reveal anything they don't want going public.