Latvia to explain detention of ECB'S Rimsevics in graft probe
Bubba Watson ends victory drought with win at Genesis Open
Kothari not detained, but being questioned: CBI
United States bid to put Pakistan on global terror watch-list fails
James Levine, 'America's Greatest Conductor,' is Under Investigation Following Sexual Abuse Allegations
04 December 2017, 01:01 | Marta Robbins
James Levine Suspended From Metropolitan Opera
The Metropolitan Operaannounced on Saturday it would investigate claims that its music director sexually abused a teenage boy decades ago, as the USA avalanche of misconduct allegations spread to classical music.
Regarded by many as America's greatest conductor, Levine has served for 40 years as music director at the Metropolitan Opera in NY.
Met officials said they learned of the police report previous year.
It's understood, the alleged victim's claims, to police in 2016, come nine years after the statute of limitations in IL have expired. Levine is now director emeritus at the Met Opera.
The alleged abuse began in 1985 when Levine was guest conductor at the Ravinia Music Festival near Chicago. "We'll now be conducting our own investigation with outside resources".
He said he followed Levine's instructions, though he found himself confused by his behavior toward him. The allegations come with the United States reeling from a firestorm of sexual misconduct claims that have ended a litany of powerful careers and rocked U.S. industries from Hollywood to news to politics. He was trying to seduce me.
According to the report the victim said in a written statement "I began seeing a 41-year-old man when I was 15, without really understanding I was really "seeing" him". The alleger explains in the report that the misconduct continued as he sought a mentorship from the famed conductor, who had promised to see if he could "be raised special like me".
In a tweet, the Met said it was "deeply disturbed" by the claims published online and was investigating "with outside resources" in order to take appropriate action.
The BSO said Levine has not conducted the orchestra since January 2011, and he "is not scheduled to conduct the orchestra at any time in the future".
The report, citing police records, stated that Levine molested a teenager from the time he was 15 years old until the teen was pushed to the brink of suicide.
Levine becomes the latest in a litany of prominent men in the arts, the media and politics to have accusations of sexual misconduct surface. He has conducted 85 operas, and led more than 2,500 performances at the Met.
Flu season could be bad this year, experts warn
Health officials say the deaths of two people due to influenza are the first flu-related deaths in Oklahoma this season. Some people never show any signs of flu symptoms and may act as carriers of the virus, infecting their loved ones.
First lady goes with classic, traditional Christmas decor
Trump has repeatedly taken shots at Obama for not wishing the country a "Merry Christmas", both before and after he took office. Since 1966, the National Christmas Tree Association has been holding a competition for the official White House Blue Room tree.
North Korea lambasts US-South joint military drill
President Donald Trump and his administration are "begging for nuclear war", North Korea's Foreign Ministry said Saturday . North Korea claimed it carried out successful a missile test last week, two months after its most recent launch attempt.
YouTube Reels is the platform's own version of Stories
Unlike stories found on other apps, these Reels don't expire, so your fans will be able to access them whenever they'd like. The Community was introduced previous year , aiming to make the platform bit more engaging for both creators and viewers.
'Mulan' live-action Disney reboot finds its star
The movie was about a young girl who joins the army as a boy in disguise after learning that her weak father has to join the army. According to CNN , Disney has cast Liu Yifei as the title character in the upcoming live action remake of MULAN .
Israel Bombs Syrian 'Military Targets' near Damascus
But the Prime Minister's Office saw fit to put out the short clip relating to Iranian presence in Syria on Saturday evening. Syrian state TV reports that the attack caused damage but two missiles were intercepted.
Rush hour natural disaster shakes region
Significant damage does not typically occur with quakes of this size, and so far there are no reports of any injuries. The station also writes that Paul Caruso, a geophysicist with the USGS, says there is potential for aftershocks.